2 cups granulated sugar
1 tbsp butter
1 tin condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla essence (I put more cos I love vanilla essence)
- Dissolve sugar in approx. 1/4 cup of water over LOW HEAT
- Add milk and butter and bring GENTLY to a boil
- Boil steadily, stirring constantly until the mixture becomes thick and creamy
- Remove pan from heat, add essence (DON'T ADD ESSENCE BEFORE. I don't know what will happen if you do but I assume the essence will degrade while cooking rendering your noms inedible) and beat a few times
- Pour fudge into a greased pan about 6 inches by 8 inches and leave to cool
- When really set, mark in squares with a sharp knife and divide up when cool
Add I know how much you guys love pictures! Pictures make reading fun I think. Don't you?
The sugar and water.
Basically you're making a simple syrup in this step. Sweet!
Simple syrup plus condensed milk and butter
Stirring! I took this one with one hand *clicks tongue in a cool way*
I used foil to line to dish. Makes the dish easier to clean. Make sure to grease the foil
It's cooling under that grease protector thingy to protect from flies. Maybe when it's not so hot I'll put it in the freezer
Look out for an update on the fudge. More pictures!
My fudge came out terrible. It wasn't cooked down enough so it was goopy. Mum put it back on the stove to cook a bit. When I came back from lessons I met this:
This is when mum was cooking it more. Notice it's darker in colour, more golden
My fudge had hardened when I came back. It wasn't smooth but the texture wasn't that bad either
Mum was eating the fudge from off the spoon. Like licking it like a lollipop